- Who we are
- Midlands Engine Rail
- Key Projects
- News and Events
- Contact us
We have five clear, deliverable objectives from RIS2 to ensure short-term progress as well as a commitment to future-proofing our road network and unleashing the Midlands' growth potential:
1. Deliver what was promised - complete the construction of RIS1 (2015-2020) commitments
2. Deliver schemes developed in RIS1
3. Deliver new schemes in RIS2
4. Plan for the future: support corridor approaches
5. Strengthen the relationship between Highways England and Midlands Connect
Read more about our priorities here
Already, one of our top priority schemes, the A46 Newark Bypass, has received a funding commitment from the government. It follows years of sustained campaigning by Midlands Connect and partners including Transport for East Midlands, Nottinghamshire County Council and the town's MP, Robert Jenrick.
We will continue to work with Highways England and the Department for Transport on the detail of this scheme, and to ensure our other priorities across the Midlands receive the funding they deserve.
Mark Ryder, Strategic Director, Communities, Warwickshire County Council